Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's a beautiful day......you look pretty and I love your shoes!

I am in airport hell.....well, not quite hell but I am caught in that weird moment between sleep deprivation and wanting to give up and just pass out.  If it were not for the very annoying Public Service Announcements warning of not to leave your luggage unattended I would have most likely passed out by now.

Reminder to self - next time make sure that there are no crazy overnight stops at airports where facilities pretty much shut down until dawn.  I would not have minded so much an overnight if certain bits of logistics had not broken down and thus scotched my otherwise brilliant plan of finding a bed for 7 hours....oh to have been in a bed tonight - that would have been pure pleasure.

Instead I am here at the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport killing time and expressing my annoyance to no one in particular regarding those automated voices that kick in everytime one enters or exits telling that person (and yes it is gender-specific) that they look beautiful or have nice shoes.  Yes, I do have nice shoes, don't look half-bad if I do say so myself but at five in the morning it's the last bloody thing I need to hear as my nerves are frayed as it is.

There is the Haitian cleaning lady, Ipod headset on, wandering around singing in a dissonant fashion.  I chuckle to myself as she cannot sing but if it makes her happy then who am I to criticize?

This state I am in is strange indeed.  My ability to type is certainly affected and I find myself going back to correct mistakes.  It is a strange kind of mental fuzziness....and no, it is not the pleasant kind.

In a few hours however I will be on the second to last leg of a journey that started 12 hours ago.  I am however, far too tired to be excited.  All I can dream about is sweet, sweet sleep......

2 comments:

  1. Not bad for someone in the midst of airport hell and sleep deprivation. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the day is young.....I have just finished some horrible coffee, have discovered that the state of Florida has tacked on more tobacco taxes and i am crazy tired.....yeeehaaaawwwww! I so want to sleep right now but I still have to schlepp over to the other terminal....

    ReplyDelete